Renegade Miata Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Autocross Noob - What should I bring on April 10?

5 posters

Go down

Autocross Noob - What should I bring on April 10? Empty Autocross Noob - What should I bring on April 10?

Post  rigby Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:55 am

Good morning. I am an autocross noob looking forward to learning some this Saturday. I'd appreciate any insight into things to bring that might not otherwise be obvious. Car prep - such as it is on my old suspension - I get. Food, fluid, and sunscreen I have covered. What else is useful? Any input appreciated.

Justin

rigby

Back to top Go down

Autocross Noob - What should I bring on April 10? Empty Re: Autocross Noob - What should I bring on April 10?

Post  Micah Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:16 pm

Air compressor, tire pressure gauge, trashbags for storage in case of rain, tools, painters tape for numbers, paper towels/rags, membership card. Arriving with your car already cleaned out makes things a bit easier as well. Also there is typically a 30-45min break for lunch and enough time to run down the street to grab something so bringing a lunch isn't completely necessary...water is a very good idea though.

Micah

Back to top Go down

Autocross Noob - What should I bring on April 10? Empty Re: Autocross Noob - What should I bring on April 10?

Post  Bill B. Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:49 pm

Clothes to cover ANY weather situation. I always have a floppy hat, winter hat, gloves, raincoat fleece etc. For some reason Devans seems to have it's own weather pattern.

Bill B.

Back to top Go down

Post  alik Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:02 am

To add to the above suggestions,
rain gear, warm clothes (training pants, hoodie), gloves (mechanics or driving), car jack (low profile is better), spare tire,
all the tools you can think of, tarp to cover your possessions while you're out on the course, something to weight the tarp down, so it doesn't blow away (scissor jack, spare tire),
plenty of fluid to drink, cooler to keep your fluids in, folding chair, umbrella (for the sun and rain),
Comfortable shoes (for standing and walking)
closed-toe shoes (for driving)
sunglasses.

A bottle of coolant (doesn't matter if it's water of 50/50 mix), a bottle of oil (whatever your car uses, usually 10W-30).

Bill B. actually has a complete checklist of things to bring. Something that he's developed over the years. PM him and ask about it. Smile
alik
alik

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:24 pm

<Quote> Bill B. actually has a complete checklist of things to bring. Something
that he's developed over the years. PM him and ask about it. Smile
</Quote>
Post the list!!! People can add to the list and/or comment on the option value...
In either case it will be a valuable resource for future reference... Autocross Noob - What should I bring on April 10? Icon_cheers
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill B. Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:24 pm

Here's the latest revision.

Helmet

Cooler

Food

Drink

Air pump/air tank

Pressure gauge

Pyrometer

Numbers and letters

Notebook/tire chart

Masking/duct tape and paper to make numbers

Oil

Water sprayer

Car duster

Driver’s license, SCCA, RMC, BMWCCA club cards

Chair

Tools

Torque wrench

Breaker bar

Da bat

Jack

Jack stands

Impact gun

Sunscreen

Towel

Umbrella

Rain Coat

Gloves, winter and work

Sweatshirt

Floppy hat

Winter hat

Sunglasses

Driving shoes

Gym bag to hold stuff from glove box

Shorts, pants and extra socks

Knee pads

Windex and paper towels

Bill B.

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:36 pm

Good list!!!

How about Chalk for marking your tires???
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down