Renegade Miata Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Montreal Grand Prix

4 posters

Go down

Montreal Grand Prix Empty Montreal Grand Prix

Post  moerdogg Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:07 pm

If anyone is interested in a caravan, my buddy Adam and I are heading up to the Great White North for the 2012 Montreal Grand Prix. It's held June 8-10, with lots of racing, qualifying, and drinking in public. We got general admission tickets, but grandstands are still available (albeit somewhat expensive). Montreal is a great city, although the exchange rate isn't as favorable as back in my high school days. You might even get an opportunity to hear me fumble through what I can recall of high school French. The drive up there is amazing as well, lots of winding highways through the White Mountains.

If interested, please get in touch with me (Alex) through the forum or at an autox. We can sort out where to meet (somewhere along 93 is probably best), what to do, and where to stay.
moerdogg
moerdogg

Back to top Go down

Montreal Grand Prix Empty Re: Montreal Grand Prix

Post  rigby Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:52 pm

I'm likely to head up from Maine.

rigby

Back to top Go down

Post  moerdogg Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:02 pm

Nice, is your route going to coincide with ours?
moerdogg
moerdogg

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:37 pm

Rikky and I are thinking of going but i haven't bought the tickets yet. We had a great time at the GP there in 2010. Where are you staying? Finding a hotel at a (nearly) reasonable rate was probably the hardest part of the trip.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://renegademiata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  moerdogg Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:16 am

Admin wrote:Rikky and I are thinking of going but i haven't bought the tickets yet. We had a great time at the GP there in 2010. Where are you staying? Finding a hotel at a (nearly) reasonable rate was probably the hardest part of the trip.

Denis - You should definitely go! We are staying with my brother-in-law and his family, they live in the Notre-Dame-de-Grace neighborhood. Not sure how picky you are, but there's a place that rents university housing for very cheap: Les Studios Hotel. Not the best rating, but it looked like $130 for two nights, versus $600+ for two nights anywhere else. Just one suggestion, I'm sure there are tons of options. NDG is nice because it's a little outside the city center but still has access to a subway.
moerdogg
moerdogg

Back to top Go down

Post  red61 Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:26 pm

Great recommendation. Thanks!
red61
red61

http://renegdademiata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  moerdogg Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:40 am

For everyone missing the double autox weekend, I hope you're headed up to the Grand Prix! If you would like to caravan up, we are leaving from Hampton, NH around 5:30 tomorrow (Thursday). If anyone wants to do a Renegade meet-up, you can reach me at alex [dot] moerlein [at] gmail [dot] com. Hope to see you there!
moerdogg
moerdogg

Back to top Go down

Post  red61 Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:45 pm

Rikky and I are headed up early Friday and looking forward to a great race... Montreal rarely disappoints. Hope the student protests don't get in the way. My email is miatauniverse@yahoo.com

Sorry to be missing two autocrosses in one weekend...
red61
red61

Back to top Go down

Post  red61 Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:31 pm

Rikky and I had a great time at the Canadian Grand Prix. Very sorry to miss a double-header of autocross, but how many times do you get to do this?
Montreal Grand Prix 415203_10100933824869280_199983709_o
That's Ron Dennis holding MacLaren's trophy after Lewis Hamilton won the GP.
red61
red61

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down