Renegade Miata Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Modifications allowed for stock class

3 posters

Go down

Modifications allowed for stock class Empty Modifications allowed for stock class

Post  hli Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:51 pm

Hello everyone, I have a Mazda 2 and looking at the permitted modifications for staying stock in SCCA with sway bar modifications, you are allowed to use any front sway bar, but no modifications to the rear bar is allowed. The 2 has a twist beam suspension for the rear, and therefore does not employ a rear sway bar. I have a CS rear torsion bar installed to stiffen up the twist beam a bit, so I'm just wondering if I would have to take that off to remain in the stock class. Thanks! I look forward to seeing some of you at the next autox.

hli

Back to top Go down

Modifications allowed for stock class Empty Re: Modifications allowed for stock class

Post  mike.s Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:18 pm

You are partially correct. It used to be that you could only modify the front bar. Now you can modify any _one_ bar, either front or rear.

So if you have the rear bar installed where there was none, you not do anything with the front. Or you can take the rear off and do whatever you'd like with the front.

mike.s

Back to top Go down

Modifications allowed for stock class Empty Re: Modifications allowed for stock class

Post  hli Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:57 pm

Just another quick question; what kind of helmet do you guys require? Does a Snell M2010 rated helmet suffice? Or do you guys require a SA rated helmet? Thanks!

hli

Back to top Go down

Post  Bruiser Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:30 pm

Any snell rated helmet M2000 or SA2000 and newer will do. If you are buying a helmet the newer rating the better as it will work for a longer time. Other clubs have already gone to a 2005 rating or better.
Rob

Bruiser

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down