Renegade Miata Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Devens tarmack condition report.

3 posters

Go down

Devens tarmack condition report. Empty Devens tarmack condition report.

Post  Mussel Kar Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:38 am

The first autocross of the season for Devens happened yesterday, and it was freekin cold and windy. We ran with the NE SVT, formerly SVTOA. This is a seriously hard core group and you can forget about a novice walk. I took a 3rd with a 124.***+1 (over 2 min course) and I think FTD was a 123.***. Nobody could get their tires to hook up. At least it did not rain, or snow for that matter. It sure felt like it was going to snow. Ralph S with his supercharged Miata took first in our division (Evil other car, R tires) FTD went to a Corvette.
I don't know what happened over the winter but I have never seen the runways so clean as I did when we walked the course (BTW, this will be the only time this season where a course walk is allowed with this group) Maybe the marbles got removed because of constant plowing for the police to train, don't know.
Mussel Kar
Mussel Kar

Back to top Go down

Devens tarmack condition report. Empty Re: Devens tarmack condition report.

Post  BobD Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:44 am

Yup, Scruffy was fast. Must be the fancy new seats he put in Kermit this winter.

BobD

Back to top Go down

Post  Mussel Kar Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:48 am

I just viewed the results. For sure somebodies email inbox is going to get flooded. I know our run group had a brand new timer and maybe he was having "new guy" difficulties. Like all competitive drivers, I check my time every run. Not so sure it has any effect on the standings though.
Mussel Kar
Mussel Kar

Back to top Go down

Post  dhummm Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:50 pm

Hi scruffy,

The NE-SVT results display with the two second penalty added in. All your times runs had one cone each so just subtract 2 seconds for your raw time. The bottom of the results sheet say this, but its pretty small print…. I can hardly see it these days!

Ralph-
dhummm
dhummm

Back to top Go down

Post  BobD Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:39 pm

2 of my SVT times had 20 seconds added. I didn't hit 10 cones.??

BobD

Back to top Go down

Post  dhummm Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:12 pm

Hi Bob,

Scruffy’s numbers make perfect sense when you subtract 2 seconds from 26 you get the 24 with a cone he said he had.

You have two runs that look pretty normal and the other two were off courses which can get pretty long, do you remember the numbers for the off courses being different? The “DNF” means you were off course. I assume you didn’t take 20 seconds off the other runs or you would have had raw time FTD…. That was pretty slippery out there, many cars had times in the 150's going off course with such difficult conditions.

R-
dhummm
dhummm

Back to top Go down

Post  dhummm Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:50 pm

Hi Bob,
Took me a bit but I asked about the 20 seconds after looking again at other data and then asking them. They add 20 seconds to any DNF run. I didn't realize it before, I guess I don't pay attention to DNF times. I have been running with them for a long time and have never seen the results differ from the display just sometimes I don't like what I see... I guess their software can't handle zero so they add a penality. They don't have that at the bottom of the results sheet like the cone penality Scruffy was confused with. I assumed it did after review and then asked to be sure. Every group is different but all the results make perfect sense with the penalities added. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Ralph-
dhummm
dhummm

Back to top Go down

Post  BobD Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:55 pm

Got it. Thanks Ralph, I wasn't really focused on it but when Scruffy mentioned wacky timing things I was just chiming in with a curious observation. They did a great job and, frankly, they could do anything with my time they wanted and I'd still be happy and grateful to attend their events. Hope it didn't come across like I was pissed or something.

BD

BobD

Back to top Go down

Post  dhummm Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Hi Bob,
No problem and glad you enjoyed it. Just like RMC it's a great bunch of people and glad we figured it out. Will you be going to NESHOC Sunday? If so see you there! I am hoping to have some tires mine are trashed.

Ralph-
dhummm
dhummm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down