Renegade Miata Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proposed legislation to do away with front license plates

Go down

Proposed legislation to do away with front license plates Empty Proposed legislation to do away with front license plates

Post  red61 Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:52 pm

Thought people in the club would be interested in this proposed legislation and perhaps support it. cheers

Message body

Hi - my name is Rich Carlson, sorry, I've always admired Miata's - owned one back in the 90's. Great looking cars, so I'm sure most of your membership feels as I do that they look a lot better without front plates. I just wanted to let you know that my state rep, Will Brownsberger, has introduced legislation in Massachusetts to eliminate front plates and I would welcome your Massachusetts members support, here's the info, please feel free to pass along to other motorist-friendly organizations:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(From the NMA) As a sports-car driver, you probably agree with us that a fundamental problem with our traffic and motor vehicle law is that there is just too much of it: too many laws, too many requirements, too much red tape.
One NMA Massachusetts member, Rich Carlson, has helped convince his legislator, Will Brownsberger, to introduce a bill that would make things just a little easier for Massachusetts motorists.
The bill, H905, would require Massachusetts drivers to have only one license plate rather than two. To quote Carlson, "the advantages are obvious - half the cost, deterrent to adoption of red-light cameras and simple expediency of not having to drill holes in the front of your car."
The NMA invites you to join Carlson at the statehouse October 19 at 10 am, to deliver testimony in favor of the bill. If you cannot make the hearing, please encourage your legislator to vote in favor of H905.
Interested parties may also contact Carlson at richard@richardcarlson.org.
Charles Walter
National Motorists Association
http://www.motorists.org/
red61
red61

http://renegdademiata.net

Back to top Go down