Renegade Miata Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Data acquisition.

2 posters

Go down

Data acquisition. Empty Data acquisition.

Post  Joe Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:34 pm

I saw Team Davis at the last event anyone know how they have been doing with their Data acquisition???
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Data acquisition. Empty Re: Data acquisition.

Post  BobD Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:15 pm

Hey Joe,

We've used the MaxQ device pretty extensively this summer. My take is that it is really great info, especially if you are a slower driver (me) and you have a fast driver's data to compare to (Billy). The 20 htz device is accurate enough that I could see that I was farther off the cones on the right side of the car in a slalom than Billy, and I've worked hard to tighten that up. The most striking difference I see is that I go more directly into corners at a higher speed, but exit slower than Billy. He does the slow in, fast out thing better, and as I compare data for a specific course I have the frustrating experience of seeing my car seem to catch up a little at pivots and major change-in-direction corners, only to see him pull away even further in the next section based on his better line and higher exit speed. At the end of the day, I'm not sure that Billy has benefited much from the data, but I sure have!

Bob

BobD

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:26 pm

Cool... I tend to compare runs to see what I do better from one run to another...
You still using the Thinkpad X??
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum