Renegade Miata Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FYI SAD NEWS

+4
mike.s
Girlie Girl
No Pistons
Mussel Kar
8 posters

Go down

FYI SAD NEWS Empty FYI SAD NEWS

Post  Bruiser Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:21 pm

Just wanted people to know that John MacDonald is not doiing well ,he is in St Vincents Hospital in Worcester MA in liver failure

He was a big help with Autox always had a smile on his face and willing to do any job with any club he will be missed.

Will let you know when we know more.
FYI SAD NEWS Icon_sad
Sheryl+ Rob

Bruiser

Back to top Go down

FYI SAD NEWS Empty Re: FYI SAD NEWS

Post  Mussel Kar Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:58 pm

Susan and I will be going to see him sometime tomorrow.
Mussel Kar
Mussel Kar

Back to top Go down

Post  mike.s Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:20 pm

Scruffy, please pass along the warmest wishes to John. If I have a chance I'll try to make it out there as well.

mike.s

Back to top Go down

Post  Girlie Girl Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:16 am

John is very, very ill. If anyone plans on visiting him, I'd advise that you do not delay.

Girlie Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  No Pistons Mon Jan 25, 2010 6:52 pm

Myself, Marc and Oleg will be visiting there shortly, the hospital is right down the street from me
No Pistons
No Pistons

Back to top Go down

Post  Girlie Girl Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:15 pm

John has had a massive stroke today and is now unresponsive. He probably doesn't have long with us now.

Girlie Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  mike.s Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:23 am

Sad. John's such a great guy, always helpfu; to everyone. He tought me a lot when I got into autocrossing 10 years ago. Very sad.

mike.s

Back to top Go down

Post  Bruiser Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:22 am

John passed away last night. He will be missed.

Bruiser

Back to top Go down

Post  dhummm Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:36 am

]size=18]

Saw him on Monday night; man--- he was such a great guy! I feel privileged that I was able to get to know him over the past few years. Very few people you meet and in five minutes you know they are great people, he was easily one of them-

Ralph

[/size]
dhummm
dhummm

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:26 pm

Quote FYI SAD NEWS Empty Re: FYI SAD NEWS

FYI SAD NEWS Icon_post_target_unread dhummm Today at 10:36 am]size=18]

[size=12]Saw him on Monday night; man--- he was such a great guy! I feel privileged
that I was able to get to know him over the past few years. Very few
people you meet and in five minutes you know they are great people, he
was easily one of them-

Ralph End Quote

Agreed...
He will be missed...

Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Bruiser Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:29 am

It is with a very sad heart that we inform you of a death of one of our autocross friends.

This Wednesday, our brother John MacDonald passed away due to complications after a brief hospital stay. A private cremation ceremony has taken place.

Many of us know John as a great friend and elite course designer, who, for most seasonal weekends over the past decade, could be found on the runways at Devens, continually coming up with the most devious courses we'd ever witnessed. He was a perfectionist in the sport, and also silently prided himself in helping many of us get better at what we all like to do. He got more out of showing people how to drive better than actually getting a better run for himself. That was John...

John also touched our hearts with his ever-present smile, helpful demeanor, and his "story of the week". Some might recall stories about water and snow skiing, traveling around the country doing circuit track racing, past follies and victories at National events, and it always seemed like there wasn't much that John hadn't experienced.

We will be celebrating his life at a memorial party on February 20th at Elks Lodge, on 233 Mill Street in Worcester, MA, 1-4pm EST. Details will be forthcoming. Please be sure to reserve that date now.

In addition to helping us celebrate John's life, we are seeking help with the costs associated with interment arrangements for John. In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the John MacDonald Funeral Trust, via PayPal and check. PayPal donations can be made (http://paypal.com) to the email address johnmacdonaldfund@gmail.com. If you would prefer to donate by check, checks can be made out to The John MacDonald Funeral Trust, and sent to:

The John MacDonald Funeral Trust
c/o Lisa A. Roche, CPA
253 Main Street
Milford, MA 01757
Any small amount would help, and many thanks in advance.

On his death bed, John asked many of us to think kindly of him while out on the tarmac. We ask that you do. We are planning for a memorial autocross during the upcoming season, and we look forward to seeing many of you there. You may even see the old Caldwell out there.

Kindest Regards,
Phil & Linda Kogan
Joe Kraetsch (NCR Porsche)
Larry Nicklas (Boston BMW CCA)
Rob MacAlpine (Renegade Miata)
Friends of John MacDonald (various clubs)

Bruiser

Back to top Go down

Post  alik Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:20 pm

What a sad news...
He will always be with us on the tarmac.
alik
alik

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down