Renegade Miata Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New guy here

2 posters

Go down

New guy here Empty New guy here

Post  Rufledt Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:43 pm

Hi everybody, my name is Paul and I'm a grad student at UMass Boston (originally from Wisconsin). I found out about this place from the Grassroots Motorsports website. I've always been interested in autocross, but I have no experience actually doing it. I drive an RX-8 which is totally stock and likely to stay that way for a while, but i'm sure the limiting factor will be me anyway, not the car.

I kinda wish I posted a while back now! I bet it's a bit late to go to the event tomorrow. Plus, I don't have a helmet, and my head is a bit big so a loaner might not work. I would need instruction/help, though, because I'm sure my car doesn't exactly handle like my computer desk, no matter how realistic the Live for Speed people try to make it!

Rufledt

Back to top Go down

New guy here Empty Re: New guy here

Post  Rufledt Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:13 pm

Well I went to the event today, and had an absolute blast (i was the weird looking bearded guy in the R3)! Thanks especially to the instructors! Also, as a side note, I'm terrible with names and I will likely forget all of them by the next event. You guys are awesome, my memory is just shot thanks to a childhood of intense videogaming.

Rufledt

Back to top Go down

Post  red61 Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:47 pm

Hi Paul - Glad that you enjoyed the Renegade AutoX School event and that you're joining the club. I'm sure you'll have even more fun as you get inot it more and get to know somoe of the other club members.

I thought saturday's event went really well and the Autocross Committee and Instructors did a great job in setting up the features and "magically" turning them into a full course. First autocross is always a welcome date on the calendar! cheers
red61
red61

http://renegdademiata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Rufledt Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:28 pm

One of the instructors gave me his email address, but I can't find the sheet where I wrote it down. If you're reading this, shoot me an email.

Rufledt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum