Renegade Miata Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blast from the past

Go down

Blast from the past Empty Blast from the past

Post  tetsuomx5 Wed May 04, 2011 6:59 pm

Hey all!

Some of you don't know me. Some who were around 7-10 years ago might.remember me, Allison, and our red 90 Miata, from when we were active with Renegade Miata around that time. She kept the car when I moved to Maine in 2004. I took a break from autocross for a few years, then started getting back into it with the Cumberland Motor Club. I had Matt Shoop's 96 Saturn SL2 for a while (I couldn't beat it when I ran my SC2 against it, so I bought it!) I also dabbled with the dark side - a couple of AW11 MR2s. afraid (I'm sure Mike S. must be proud right about now...) I helped my girlfriend, Pam, get into autocross, and the next thing we knew we'd snagged a 91 Miata - red, of course. I won ES in CMC in 2009. Last year I switched to a general street tire class, which allowed Pam to win ES in 2010. Over the winter we snagged some 15" wheels with RE11s and some Mazdaspeed MX-5 springs from projectrally, moving on up to STS for 2011.

Then life changed. We decided to move back to Mass. Except that didn't work out for a number of reasons. One thing led to another, and here I am in a rented room in Berlin, Mass., trying to get my foot back in the door of my tech writing career I got laid off from before moving to Maine. There are many more opportunities here than there, so I came back to pounce on them.

The biggest issue Pam and I have been trying to work out: who gets the Miata? I gave up half a Miata once, and don't want to do so again. But Pam has come to like the car a lot, and doesn't want to give it up, either. So the answer to the question is that we BOTH get a Miata. cheers She will keep the one we've had for the past 2 or so years, and I'm in the process of getting Josh B's 93. (I know, I know! I'm skipping a 92 and getting it all wrong!) This Sunday I'm going to help him put it back together again. Laughing I'm concerned that my rusty 91 Sentra SE-R, while it just took a Maine sticker, won't be up to snuff for duty in Mass, so that'll go up for sale and I'll get a Miata all of my own.

As for autocross, I'm putting it on hold until I land a job and have some income again. But once that happens, Devens isn't very far away...

RMC Logo

tetsuomx5

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum