Renegade Miata Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video from Sept 20th RMC AutoX

3 posters

Go down

Video from Sept 20th RMC AutoX Empty Video from Sept 20th RMC AutoX

Post  dhummm Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:07 am

The link below was one of my faster runs from the Sept 20th AutoX. There is another RMC video of mine on my page and a bunch of other videos as well. Vimeo is the only site I know of that allows free upload of full 720P HD movies. If you click the little box with four arrows below and to the right of the video and it will go to full screen which looks pretty good. If it is choppy just hit the pause button and let the buffer build up a bit and you can hit play again. You can also download the full HD version from this site, which has amazing quality. You have to join to download but they just ask for an email and password so it's not so bad.

One of my other videos from another club has Trackvision overlay which includes MaxQ data with G-Force meter for Braking, acceleration and lateral G's (pretty cool). The screen also shows the track layout with position on the course and speed. I have some other stuff up there like a video showing MaxQ data files with a run I did and an other Miata overlaid taking a turnaround at a RMC event. The view of the course is pretty cool. You can see all the crossovers with this video. The video shows how I pivoted the car at the turnaround and Mike drove his car with a radius. You can see speeds and times in and out of the turnaround. Not sure how many data freaks are here but this stuff won't disappoint them I'm sure. If you interested and have trouble finding the other vids I can put up individual links but I think it's pretty easy to find my stuff. You can also search "Ralph's Miata".

http://vimeo.com/1835641

Ralph-
99 Miata Car#86 (Batman)
dhummm
dhummm

Back to top Go down

Video from Sept 20th RMC AutoX Empty Re: Video from Sept 20th RMC AutoX

Post  Bruiser Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:54 am

Hope you can make it to the banquet. It would be great if you could put some of your video on a DVD so we could show it there.

Bruiser

Back to top Go down

Post  dhummm Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:44 pm

Will someone have a laptop at the banquet to run wmv files from? I can make movie DVDs but right now I don't have a computer with enough hard drive space to make DVD movies from. I can bring a DVD data disk to the AutoX Sat that will have the raw files that are up on vimeo on it if you want. Making movies is no problem it's just the software makes these huge files in order to convert and process when making a DVD movie vs the wmv files.

Ralph-
dhummm
dhummm

Back to top Go down

Post  Bruiser Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:25 pm

Try contacting Denis Bustin he's trying to put together a video. miatauniverse@yahoo.com

Bruiser

Back to top Go down

Post  yiming Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:56 pm

fun to watch!
It's really wide. Can I know which camera/lens you are using?

yiming

Back to top Go down

Post  dhummm Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:15 am

Rob,
I emailed Denis, thanks

Yiming,
The camcorder is a Panisonic (forget model #) 1080 HD with a Japanese made Wide Angle lens. It records onto SDHC chips and the raw files are pertty small considering the quality. I am hoping a digital camcorder can take the beating with a lot less moving parts than a typical camcorder. The extended warr will probably get used with this thing... The files during processing are huge and I use Studio 12 to make the videos. I have used Studio for a long time and it's real easy to use. It doesn't take very long to edit a file, although I don't get too fancy with effects I mainly want to cut out the ends toss in a song so it's not completely boring and get them up online. The other groups I run with review our drivng with video/GPS data and discuss how we drove the course and analyize GPS data etc. We also find the GPS data interesting. It's pretty cool to view and compare speeds. G-Force, lines and time any where on the course. At our last event we had a large optional section down the back straight and we reviewed the data in specific areas of the course to determine the faster chioce. There was a lot of debate over which area was faster but the data doesn't lie. Sorry a bit off topic... I record and process at 720P as most computers have difficulty with 1080 and the files would be huge. Vimeo takes up to 720P and they display something less than that but if you download them to your PC they are amazing at 720P. I bought the Cam used only a couple of months old on craigslist for $425 with chip, three year extended warr, case and a HD blue-ray burner that burns files onto DVD's that palay in a blu-ray player directly at 1080i. The recipts the guy gave me were over $1000.00, such a deal.

Ralph-
Cool
dhummm
dhummm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down