Renegade Miata Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swap started..

2 posters

Go down

Swap started.. Empty Swap started..

Post  Meierznutz Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:26 pm

I have begun the swap to the LS-1 so I have some NA parts available. The motor and trans are gone, but I have a starter, computer, rear diff and axles, radiator, PS pump, complete A/C system that was ice cold when removed (R134 conversion), maybe some more stuff too. I'd rather it go to a member of the NUtmeg Miata or Renegade Miata clubs first so make a fair offer and we can work something out... Chris 203-232-8298

Meierznutz

Back to top Go down

Swap started.. Empty Re: Swap started..

Post  Meierznutz Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:05 am

Starter wentr with the motor tonight, the radiator comes with the fans and mounts, and I have the exhaust from the manifold back in very good condition/ no rust/ simple bolt on includes cats... make an offer. Chris

Meierznutz

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:37 pm

Stock or aftermarket exhaust??
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Meierznutz Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:48 am

Stock as far as I know, but it had a good buzz to it. I think the cat was... modified... but the car passed CT emissions on Monday so it may be just that it hads a free flowing can. There is no rust in this exhaust and the hangers are all on it. I can even get the rubber bushings from the car if you want them. I would reccomend new bolts at the flange between the pipe and cat, but you need that gasket anyway. The whole thing came down in 2 pieces real easy so it was on the car not much more than the 3 years I've owned it.

Meierznutz

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:05 am

Buzz??? Suspect
I hope you don't mean that irritating Mosquito buzz that Honda Civics with no suspension make while driving on the expressway... Razz

I'm on the look out for a more free flowing cat back exhaust for my 92... Trying to keep in the stock class..
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Meierznutz Fri Dec 12, 2008 5:15 pm

No, not a fart can, but it is hard to say that a Miata can growl unless it has a turbo/supercharger/or v-8 in it. The most I can say about the 1.6 is that it ran like a well oiled sewing machine. Chris

Meierznutz

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:21 am

LOL... Yes, that is what they are...

My 1.6 is like that... Most small engined cars I've owned or driven tended to scream at higher rev.s but the Miata Sings....

Sounds like you may have had an aftermarket exhaust on it...
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Meierznutz Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:53 am

Still have parts available... I know its just after Christmas but someone needs a deal on good stuff. I can deliver locally or pallet ship on your dime.
Here is whats left... LSD with axles {I need the subframe so its not included} Exhaust from the manifold flange back {The cat is in tact and clear/car just passed Ct emissions with it} in two pieces with all hangers {20 min install}, Radiator that is beautiful with no corrosion at all on the tank seams or internal fins...looks new, A/C condensor with hard lines. I can put it all on a pallet for $400 and shrink wrap it with your address under the top layer.
I'm not some nutjob with a sawz-all and a torch... the guy that bought the engine couldn't believe the condition of it when he got it. I delivered it to his shop strapped down and shrink wrapped in an ice storm and the entire unit was bone dry in the bed of my pickup. I wouldnt buy a bunch of water logged parts, I dont expect you to. I cant offer a warranty but I do gaurantee you'll be happy with the condition of these parts as described.

Meierznutz

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum