Renegade Miata Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vids From 07/19/09 Devens Solo Event

2 posters

Go down

Vids From 07/19/09 Devens Solo Event Empty Vids From 07/19/09 Devens Solo Event

Post  sciff5 Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:27 pm

Hey guys this is Josh, I had the white Rx7 with the v8 in it. I wanted to thank you guys for showing me a good time and thought I'de post a couple vids I got from the event. I also had my buddy there taking photos of all the cars. He said he took something like 600 photos from the day and thinks he got at least a couple shots of just about everyone I'll be sure to post them one once he sends them to me.

I thought the event you guys run was a lot more fun than the NER.org event I attended the week earlier. I got more runs in and the day was more relaxed. I felt like I was rushing all day at the NER event, we only got 5 runs, and barely got out of there before 6 and had more timing issues.

Your event was much more low key, we got more runs and I just was able to enjoy it more. Driving wise it wasnt bad either although I think I was having more trouble getting my monster around the course. I did seem to clip cones a bit more but thats deff driver error.

I got some vids of my runs though as well as a vid of Josh Parker driving my car (he usually drives the flat black CRX) and he said this was his first day driving a rwd car. My best time of the day before he drove it was 1:37 clean. He hopped in, even with a pretty big mistake because it got all sorts of sideways coming into the sweeper near the tower, he was having a lot of fun with the gas. So the car deff had high 1:20s in it.

First Run
YouTube - Day at the races.
Run felt slow and I got a little confused in a couple places. I pulled a 1:45 that lap+4 LOL. So basically almost 2 minutes. Really bad.

But it improved from there. I then pulled a 1:40 the next lap
Got that one on vid
YouTube - Day at the races 2.

and a 1:36 +1 that would have been my best lap if I didnt clip that cone at the entrance of the cone box, which I clipped twice in a row.

This run was off course, I was doing ok till the end, I knew my buddy would be at the finnish line taking action shots so I was purposly giving it more gas than I needed to trying to get some small drifting action going on for a good camera shot, and instead of drifting it slipped and then stuck and sent me off course. This gives an idea of where my eyes are though, hoping some of the experts on here will chime in on if I'm looking ahead, from what I can see my eyes are mostly going in the direction I want to go and then my hands follow.
YouTube - Day at the races 3

This was actually Joshs second run in my car with my buddy in the car. He went faster this run I bet but there was a damn timing error. I bet this was a 1:28 lap
YouTube - Day at the races 6

Josh said he drove my car like his FWD crx with a lot of left foot braking to get it to turn in and it really worked. I need to learn this.. Weirdly enough this is clearly the right way to get the best times out of my car or else it will just understeer terribly. I gotta figure this out and find a way to get some camber in the front. I gotta find some camber plates that fit my current suspension setup.

Overall good day. I think I'm really gonna kill cones next time out trying to push myself and learn left foot braking cause its so foriegn to me.

I'll make a new thread once the pics are up. Nice meeting you guys

sciff5

Back to top Go down

Vids From 07/19/09 Devens Solo Event Empty Re: Vids From 07/19/09 Devens Solo Event

Post  Joe Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:17 am

Aha!!!

That explains the dual exhaust and the great sound coming out of it... A V-8...... cheers
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Vids From 07/19/09 Devens Solo Event Empty Re: Vids From 07/19/09 Devens Solo Event

Post  sciff5 Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:56 pm

thanks man

I love the sound, for straight pipes with basically glass packs its relativly quiet too

sciff5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down