Renegade Miata Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

August 16 Results and Standings Posted

+6
dirtythirtyix
Joe
red61
Bruiser
yiming
mike.s
10 posters

Go down

August 16 Results and Standings Posted Empty August 16 Results and Standings Posted

Post  red61 Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:21 am

The results and standings have been updated. Kudos to Rob, Sheryl and all who made it another great event -- special thanks to whoever kept the rain away! Thanks also to bigbrakeparts.net for joining the Club's sponsors -- check them out for brake pads, rotors and accessories.

Remember to check out the site for the great selection of Renegade events that are coming up between now and the Annual Banquet in November -- starting this Saturday with a Pool Party/BBQ at the Niemans.
RMC Logo
red61
red61

http://renegdademiata.net

Back to top Go down

August 16 Results and Standings Posted Empty Re: August 16 Results and Standings Posted

Post  No Pistons Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:57 am

Wow, thanks for getting these up so fast.
No Pistons
No Pistons

Back to top Go down

August 16 Results and Standings Posted Empty Re: August 16 Results and Standings Posted

Post  mike.s Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:35 am

Thanks to all for making another great event!

And special thanks for putting car numbers in the results, it's now easier to tell who is who :-)

mike.s

Back to top Go down

Post  yiming Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:32 pm

Thank all people setting up a great event!
I like the course, lots of opportunities to practice "brake hard, turn early" motto. alien
Second that showing car number in result is a great idea. bounce

yiming

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtythirtyix Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:58 pm

I really was driving a miata on Saturday, I swear! #324

dirtythirtyix

Back to top Go down

Post  Bruiser Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:50 pm

Sorry about that I will correct that.

Bruiser

Back to top Go down

Post  Mussel Kar Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:16 pm

I hated the course in the morning, partly because I was breaking in a new set of gumballs, and partly because it was so very technical. But I like a challenge. I changed my driving style a bit in the afternoon and the course rocked.
Scruffy #887
Mussel Kar
Mussel Kar

Back to top Go down

Post  Bruiser Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:30 pm

I'm glad people finally started figuring ou that you had to be early or you just died ou there. I had complaints on the last loop course that it was too open and not a usual miata course. I decided that I would go back to a technical one. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Bruiser

Back to top Go down

Post  No Pistons Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:35 pm

I happen to think this is the best of both worlds... a full loop which isnt as confusing for the n00bs (me) and still technical and fun.
No Pistons
No Pistons

Back to top Go down

Post  red61 Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:59 pm

Results have been corrected on the site now.
red61
red61

http://renegdademiata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:41 am

I liked it!!! bounce
Any consensus on which side of the slalom to run??
I started to the right but there was some fervent reasoning from the high horsepower crowd for starting on the left... Suspect
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Mussel Kar Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:18 am

I have only 415 hp to tap, and went to the right. Maybe a faster entrance to the left but the exit looked very ugly.
Mussel Kar
Mussel Kar

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtythirtyix Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:51 pm

Thanks for a fun time at my first Renegade Miata event! Setup seemed very organized and timely, and everyone I met was very friendly.

The course was very challenging for me. I never managed to look ahead far enough, and never really put together a run I was happy with, but it was fun and exciting!

Looking forward to doing some more events with the club soon!

dirtythirtyix

Back to top Go down

Post  dirtythirtyix Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:54 pm

Oh yeah, Mussel Karr, I saw your green Porsche hit a cone which flipped through the air and landed in the box safely at corner 4. The first time I've ever seen that....awesome! afraid

dirtythirtyix

Back to top Go down

Post  Mussel Kar Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:58 pm

That had to be the last AM or last PM run. I swore I hit a cone on one run but it was clean, musta been the one.
Mussel Kar
Mussel Kar

Back to top Go down

Post  No Pistons Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:20 pm

I tried both Left and Right on the slalom... it really made no noticeable difference to me, either i was fast in and braking hard at the exit, or slower in and straight shot out to the next gate... driver preference i guess
No Pistons
No Pistons

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotorglow Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:21 pm

I loved the course. It felt open and flowing, but I'm not experienced enough to know just how technical it was. Maybe I just enjoy not getting lost.

Thanks again to everyone who works so hard at these every time. I'll have some selected pix on Flickr soon, and all 350+ of the uncorrected shots on another site in a day or so.

Chris
Rotorglow
Rotorglow

Back to top Go down

Post  bigbrakeparts Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:34 pm

Thanks again for a great event. We spoke to many of you, but had to pack up early due to fear of rain.

If we didn't have a chance to chat please contact us via email/phone/AIM.

Thanks,

-Gary

bigbrakeparts

http://bigbrakeparts.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down