Renegade Miata Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

June 30th course

4 posters

Go down

June 30th course Empty June 30th course

Post  mike.s Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:16 pm

I feel compelled to say this so I will. The course at the June 30th event was probably the best course I've driven in my 13 years of autocrossing and 12 years with Renegade. Hard to fathom that after 250+ events on all kinds of courses something can feel that right both from technical and flow standpoint and just being unadulterated fun. Rob, thank you for this course, it was unbelievably good!

On another note, thanks to everyone involved and everyone who endured the weather, ran, worked and did everything else making this event so great!

PS. Hope that Shoopy made it home OK in 4th gear. Will see y'all in two weeks.

Last edited by mike.s on Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

mike.s

Back to top Go down

June 30th course Empty Re: June 30th course

Post  mickle Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:32 pm

Agreed. I have to say that yesterdays course was one of the best I have driven on as well. (though I haven't been doing this as long) It was technical but was still quick, had good flow and was tons of fun to drive! Thanks to everyone at Renegade Miata!

mickle

Back to top Go down

Post  Bruiser Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:00 pm

Thanks for the compliments I just try to make it fun for everyone. Hope everyone has a safe and Happy 4th. See you at the next one.
Rob

Bruiser

Back to top Go down

Post  Mussel Kar Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:16 pm

Thanks Rob. Very fun course, and I was close to the rev limiter in a few spots too! My best was a 67.8** and had FTD in the AM. Wait a minute, I showed up at the end of the day. Got good feedback so I recycled the course for the NER Porsche club on Sunday, about 90% of it. Start and finish were the only changes because of tent locations. We did need to re chaulk for smaller cones but that was it.
Mussel Kar
Mussel Kar

Back to top Go down

Post  Bruiser Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:20 pm

Scruffy, Sorry you had to work instead of playing but I'm glad the course worked for you on Sunday. Hopefully I can get another good one down in two weeks that we can also recycle on Sunday.

Bruiser

Back to top Go down

Post  Mussel Kar Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:57 am

The course worked excellent and there was real good feedback from the drivers. And I gave full credit to you at the awards meeting when I was announced as the course designer. I had a course prepared but I also know that you usually design a more open course on very hot days, and you did. I found it suprisingly fast if the tight areas were driven correctly. I was close to the rev limit in a few areas but never bounced. FTD was 67.00*. Best raw time for me was a 67.3** with a cone.
Mussel Kar
Mussel Kar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down