Renegade Miata Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any fun twisty driving roads in MA/NH?

5 posters

Go down

Any fun twisty driving roads in MA/NH? Empty Any fun twisty driving roads in MA/NH?

Post  apollo Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:04 pm

So I spent some time with guys and gals driving Caymans from PCA NY region in CT running some great roads
last weekend. If you are interested in running the route, here is the link to the PDF of the detailed map PDF of really good twisty roads
Lots of twisties, uphills, downhills. LOVED IT.
When was the last time 35MPH gave you adrenaline rush and made your knuckles turn white? cheers cheers cheers

Unfortunately that was 3-hour drive for me from Boston. Not something I
can do too often, since I am too busy with the start-ups and my own
company.

That said, where can I find in MA (or NH) cluster of good driving roads?
Anything within 1 or so hour drive from Boston. I am new to the area,
so I have no idea what is where.

It would be nice to grab couple of my business partners with their fun cars and go blow off some steam doing some great driving.

Cheers!

Apollo
805SS
Porsche Cayman S
apollo
apollo

http://LeanStartups.com

Back to top Go down

Any fun twisty driving roads in MA/NH? Empty look at this:

Post  yiming Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:29 pm

Some people are organizing midnight runs in miata.net
http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=243966

yiming

Back to top Go down

Any fun twisty driving roads in MA/NH? Empty Re: Any fun twisty driving roads in MA/NH?

Post  apollo Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:45 pm

Nice! Found a nice map on that thread. Not sure I want to take the risk driving roads I don't know in the dark. But I may have to put a mixed group together of 2-seaters to do a run.
I know you Renegade Miata guys are nice to us and you are always more than welcome at our PCA NCR events, but I don't think I may receive same welcome with my Porsche at other Miata clubs.

That said, thanks for the link to the thread!

Apollo
805SS
Porsche Cayman S
apollo
apollo

http://LeanStartups.com

Back to top Go down

Any fun twisty driving roads in MA/NH? Empty Re: Any fun twisty driving roads in MA/NH?

Post  No Pistons Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:58 am

There are always a couple Porsche's at our events... bring yours along.
No Pistons
No Pistons

Back to top Go down

Any fun twisty driving roads in MA/NH? Empty Plymouth!!

Post  miatamadness Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:01 pm

About 45 minutes south of Boston!! Plymouth Ma! Myles standish State forest. We usually cruise through there. It's very up and down, left and right. After we go through there, we cruise through wareham, then through Carver. The whole cruise is usually about an hour-an hour and a half. We'll be driving it Oct 18th for the meet I'm putting together. If you'd like to check it out earlier, we drive it about every Sunday.
miatamadness@hotmail.com
-Tim

miatamadness

Back to top Go down

Post  red61 Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:52 pm

The Blue Hills have some nice twisty roads for driving (look for Chickatawbut Road). It not a very long drive, but if you are near the South Shore Plaza (near intersection of routes 128 and 3), Blue Hills Ski area (interseaction of routes 128 and 138) or Milton/Randolph (route 28), it's worth a spin. The roads of the Blue Hills are Hillside St, Unquity Road and Chickatawbut Road on the map below. At the top of the hill on Chickatawbut is a parking spot with a great view of the Boston skyline.
Any fun twisty driving roads in MA/NH? Tileprint.php?size=650,541&scale=36000&type=map&center=42.219405,-71.076733&key=mjtd%7Clu6t250ynq%2Cbl%3Do5-h625&stops=A,42.25,-71
red61
red61

http://renegdademiata.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down