Renegade Miata Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who can align my car now with Apex closing?

5 posters

Go down

Who can align my car now with Apex closing? Empty Who can align my car now with Apex closing?

Post  Bill B. Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:36 pm

Any ideas of anybody near the Worcester area?

Bill B.

Back to top Go down

Who can align my car now with Apex closing? Empty Re: Who can align my car now with Apex closing?

Post  Rotorglow Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:09 am

....and install a new ring & pinion without screwing it up?

Rotorglow
Rotorglow

Back to top Go down

Who can align my car now with Apex closing? Empty is Apex permanently closed or relocating?

Post  red61 Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:45 am

Is Lester opening a new shop or working someplace else?
red61
red61

http://renegdademiata.net

Back to top Go down

Who can align my car now with Apex closing? Empty Re: Who can align my car now with Apex closing?

Post  Bruiser Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:57 am

He is now working for an independant shop I believe in Holliston.

Bruiser

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotorglow Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:48 pm

Any sense of whether he (or his boss?) is welcoming old clients?
Rotorglow
Rotorglow

Back to top Go down

Post  Bruiser Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:20 am

I believe you will want to find someone else as there won't be any guaranty that you can have Les do the work and they don't specialize. I would recommend Flatout in Bellingham or Main Street in Clinton as they both are more into Miatas.

Bruiser

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotorglow Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:34 pm

One of the FAQ answers on Main Street's site raises an eyebrow:

"The tire pressure should always be set to the tire manufacturer's suggest PSI (pounds per square inch) pressure specs. The specs can be found on the side of your tire."

Flatout is a sponsor, so.....

Rotorglow
Rotorglow

Back to top Go down

Post  Bruiser Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:53 pm

Under normal driving that's trueand why it's written that way. Change in tire, wheel size or type of driving can change that and Bob knows that. He would be liable if he gave any other information and something happens.

Bruiser

Back to top Go down

Post  Rotorglow Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:40 pm

I'd go with what's on the door sticker, rather than what's listed on the side of the tire (which is the max the tire can handle, not what's good for the car).
Rotorglow
Rotorglow

Back to top Go down

Post  Bruiser Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:25 pm

You are correct on that. I believe he wrote it that way because most people never recheck tire pressure so he is recommending the higher pressure rather than have people run on too low a pressure. Higher pressure makes the tires last longer and will usually increase mileage while losing grip and comfort.

Bruiser

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill B. Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:42 pm

I had great results with these guys. I wish they were closer to my house!

http://www.fastrackservice.com/

Bill B.

Back to top Go down

Post  mike.s Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:06 pm

Bill B. wrote:I had great results  with these guys. I wish they were closer to my house!

http://www.fastrackservice.com/
Scott is a great guy!

mike.s

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum