Renegade Miata Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Other clubs' autocross

2 posters

Go down

Other clubs' autocross Empty Other clubs' autocross

Post  jcerier Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:27 pm

I've autocross with the Renegade club (exclusively) for a couple of years now. Thinking about increasing my seat-time this season by running with one or more of the other clubs at Devens. Can anyone share any info/differences/etc. for other clubs vs. Renegade? BMW, Porsche, NE-SVT, other? Just wondering what to expect given my Renegade experience. Also wondering how cars are classed in the other clubs, as my car is SSM due to forced induction, but will never really compete in SSM. Thanks in advance.

-Jeff

jcerier

Back to top Go down

Other clubs' autocross Empty Re: Other clubs' autocross

Post  rtsap Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:32 pm

NE-SVT, Track Club USA and Bay State Corvette are all by the same group of people and have a similar format. The classes are basically race tire and street tire. I think Track club still has MX-5 race tire and street tire classes. You do  a slow course drive instead of a walk to save time and maximize runs. You usually get 10-12 runs but sometimes you get more but rarely less. North Country Porsche is very organized and you usually get 8-10 runs. You will compete against other non-Porsche cars using your SCCA class adjusted by PAX. I think you would like running with any of these clubs.

Rob S

rtsap

Back to top Go down