Renegade Miata Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Thaw car show at UMass Lowell, Sunday March 28

Go down

Big Thaw car show at UMass Lowell, Sunday March 28 Empty Big Thaw car show at UMass Lowell, Sunday March 28

Post  Admin Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:32 pm

Hi,

I am a member of the Formula SAE race car team at the University of Massachusetts Lowell. We are hosting a car show on campus as a fundraiser for the team's trip to compete in Michigan. I am the main event organizer, and I would really like to see a large Miata section at the show.

The Big Thaw Car Show at UMass Lowell is going to be held on Sunday March 28th, from 10am to 4pm (rain date Sunday, April 11th). We have up to 270 spaces available for show cars, and there will be music and food as well. The cars will be parked in every other space, allowing for plenty of room to relax, set up chairs, etc. It is being held on the corner of Pawtucket Street and Broadway Street, in the very large Riverview parking lot on UMass Lowell's South Campus. There is a zero-tolerance drug and alcohol free event, and there will be a UMass Lowell Police presence. The entry fee is $5 if you preregister, and $7 at the event; spectators are free!

As this is the first year for the car show, we are expecting a diverse group of 150-175 cars to attend the show; however, I think we can see over 200. The vehicle makes that are represented so far include modified and stock vehicles from BMW, Maserati, Volvo, Ford, GMC, Chevrolet, Pontiac, Audi, Jeep, Dodge, Oldsmobile, Aston Martin, Honda, Acura, Toyota, Lexus, Subaru, and Mazda; there will also be a local new-car dealer presence. Lime Rock Park will most likely have a booth at the event as well.
Miatas are a huge part of the weekend racing community, and I would love to see a bunch at the show. Is there a group of Miata owners in the Massachusetts/New Hampshire area that could make it to the event from your club?

Thanks, and please feel free to email me any questions that you have,

Ryan

Ryan McIntosh
Event Organizer, The Big Thaw Car Show at UMass Lowell
Treasurer, UMass Lowell River Hawk Racing
978-766-5461, Ryan315@aol.com

To preregister your vehicle(s), send an email to Ryan McIntosh (Event Organizer) at ryanmcintosh24@gmail.com. Be sure to note if you would like to be placed with a specific group or club, other than the general categories that the show is split into.
Include in the email:
(1) Your name
(2) Address
(3) Phone Number
(4) Are you a student or faculty member at the University of Massachusetts Lowell?
(5) Vehicle(s) that are being entered (For each entry, include the make, model, year, whether that vehicle is stock or modified, and whether that vehicle will be brought on a trailer). The registration fee of $5 per vehicle will be collected at the event (cash only)
(6) Are you entering the event as a member of a group or club? If so, what group do you want to be placed with? We will do our best to accommodate clubs or groups of people looking to park together.

There will be a drawing for $50 cash of anyone who pre-registers their vehicle(s) by March 21st, 2010. Once we receive your registration, you will be sent a confirmation email with a registration number for the event. Print that email out and bring it with you to the event.
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://renegademiata.net

Back to top Go down