Renegade Miata Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need a Sponsor for Auto-Cross...Paging Marc D

2 posters

Go down

I need a Sponsor for Auto-Cross...Paging Marc D Empty I need a Sponsor for Auto-Cross...Paging Marc D

Post  Vixen Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:53 pm

I'd like to get in touch with Marc D. I recently purchased a TVR and would like to Auto-Cross it. I spoke with Marc @ the Brit Car Day / Larz Anderson.

Please contact me jefftorrey@comcast.net

Thanks,-Jeff

Vixen

Back to top Go down

I need a Sponsor for Auto-Cross...Paging Marc D Empty Re: I need a Sponsor for Auto-Cross...Paging Marc D

Post  Joe Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:45 pm

Which TVR did you get??? bounce
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

I need a Sponsor for Auto-Cross...Paging Marc D Empty Re: I need a Sponsor for Auto-Cross...Paging Marc D

Post  Vixen Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:23 pm

I bought a 1971 TVR Vixen 2500. It was for sale in Hemmings. Body style older than Marc's car. I don't see any way to attach an image (sorry).

-Jeff

Vixen

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:24 pm

Is that the smaller TVR with what looks like a bobtail and a 4 cylinder engine???

bounce Cool car alert.... And a classic now....
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

I need a Sponsor for Auto-Cross...Paging Marc D Empty I answered my own question...

Post  Joe Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:29 pm

I answered my own question... Not the one I thought it was but close....

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/your_garage/cars/8863.shtml
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Vixen Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:32 pm

Here's a link- Jay Leno's got one. I didn't know that. Mine is Copper Colored (looks better than the yellow;-)

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/your_garage/cars/8863.shtml

Vixen

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:43 pm

Yep... Saw that... I think the car I remember from long ago was a Vixen S1 with the 1600cc 4cyl engine... Slightly smaller than your great find...
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Vixen Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:38 pm

Joe- There was an earlier model called a Grantura... same front end, different back side. It was the take off for the Griffith. Same car with a Ford 289 in it. Claim to fame was they were faster than the original Shelby AC Cobra (with the same 289 engine), the TVR was a lighter car.

...other point if interest of the Griffith with the 289 is that the insurance industry deemed it the most dangerous car ever built, death trap.

Needless to say the first question Haggerty asked me ...Are you going to modify the car?

Vixen

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:50 pm

Did you get a response from Marc???
If you still need a sponsor I'll volunteer...
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Vixen Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:10 pm

Joe- No I haven't heard back from Marc- I even sent him an e-mail. Maybe he's out of town.

If your willing to sponsor me that would be great. Thanks!

my e-mail address is jefftorrey@comcast.net

Not sure what info I need for the membership application but I'll check it out.

Thanks,-Jeff Torrey

Past President New England Viper Club 06-07
Board of Trustees New England Lotus Owners
Director Northeast Exotic Car Show
Member TVRCCNA

Vixen

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:47 pm

No problem...

Just download the application in the format of your choice from here http://renegademiata.net/join.html, links are on the bottom of the page...
Put me down as your sponsor And bring it with you to the next event in case the powers that be need me to put my official John Hancock on it...
cheers
Joe
Joe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down